When I first read the recipe for this smoothie I thought it would taste repulsive. Maybe thats the deeply engrained – if it is that good for me it can’t taste good – mentality. Partly the ingredients I think too. Raw garlic is great, but paired with orange I did not have confidence I would enjoy it.
The liver is one of the most important organs that detoxifies the body. Toxins of all kinds pass through this organ, chemical and emotional. Toxic residues from the food we eat, the environments we live in, and emotional upset can keep this organ working hard, sometimes too hard.
It is important everyone support the ‘pathways of elimination’, as my Naturopath says. The body needs support to keep itself at it best. We must serve it, so it can serve us.
I have a sensitive liver. I experience sometimes Lumbago, when I get stressed my liver produces to much bile, I feel heavy and my skin turns yellow. At my yearly physical recently when my liver was pushed on I could feel tenderness. I am a sensory being, so sensitive I feel every little twinge of my body acutely. I have a theory my Fibromyalgia is just my super sensory system on overload, a little trouble digesting everything that is coming my way.
Back to the drink. I’v been having this smoothie in the morning a few times a week for a few weeks. It actually does taste really good and I will continue to have it to help alleviate the toxic burden.
I have this right after I am done practicing yoga. It is enough to make me feel full for a couple hours easily.
Recipe from the 3ho site.
- 1 whole orange or grapefruit (remove the peel and chop into pieces)
- 1 whole lemon (remove the peel and chop into pieces)
- 1-2 Tablespoons of cold-pressed olive oil (start with less and add more as you can tolerate it)
- 1 slice of fresh ginger root (peeled)
- 1-2 cloves of fresh garlic (if your work situation makes this impossible, use 2-4 capsules of encapsulated garlic and swallow them with the Polarity Drink)
- 1-2 teaspoons of ground flax seeds
- 1 pinch of cayenne pepper
Place all ingredients in a blender and liquefy. Drink very slowly, thoroughly mixing the drink with your saliva before swallowing.
Drink on an empty stomach in the morning and allow at leasat couple of hours after your drink it before eating normally. Continue daily for two to three weeks at a time.